[Python-Dev] Fix import errors to have data

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Aug 2 03:37:42 CEST 2004

> > Circular imports, to be made consistent, would need
> > something like a final "commit" after all imports succeeded.
>
> Silly idea.  Typically, circular imports aren't planned, they just
> happen, and (usually) just happen to work.

I thought Christian meant this was something that would
be done automatically, not something the user would have
to do explicitly.

Maybe it could be as simple as saving a snapshot of
sys.modules whenever importing of a module is begun,
and if execution of its body doesn't complete, restoring
the snapshot?