[Python-Dev] PEP 754

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Apr 23 16:05:16 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004, Ivan R. Judson wrote:

> What's needs to be done to possibly get PEP754 (fpconst) to move ahead and
> perhaps go into 2.4?

Nothing, because it ain't gonna happen.  In order for PEP754 to work, we
need to have a bunch of people volunteer to maintain the IEEE-754
semantics for a bunch of difference platforms.  Feel free to try to drum
up interest, but the PEP won't be accepted until there's evidence that
people are making long-term commitments.

</Guido channeling>

"I used to have a .sig but I found it impossible to please everyone..."  --SFJ