[Python-Dev] Re: Decimal data type issues

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 19:42:43 EDT 2004

[Aahz]
> Sounds good.  If you're going this route, it seems to me that Decimal()
> would work better if it ends up being a proxy class for an internal
> implementation that's more closely linked to context, and that most of
> the Decimal methods simply delegate to the internal implementation
> through context.

The current implementation is approximately the opposite:  most of the
Decimal methods have an optional "context" argument, and most the Context
methods delegate to Decimal methods (passing context=self).  That's fine by
me, and I don't see a compelling reason to turn it inside out at this stage.
Both classes derive from (only) object.