[Python-Dev] Re: Proposal: A more powerful alternativeto ConfigParser

Dan Gass dmgass at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:19:12 EDT 2004

>From: Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org>
>Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:10:21 -0400
>
>On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 09:02, John Belmonte wrote:
>
> > It may also be useful to compare with other config alternatives, such as
> > ZConfig.
>
>ZConfig takes a completely different approach than ConfigParser; it
>rocks but you do need to do more work (define a schema first, then a
>configuration file, although I usually do that in the reverse order ;).
>
>I'm hoping someday ZConfig itself (or something close to it) will make
>it into the standard library.
>
>-Barry

Anyone who has interest in ZConfig is strongly encouraged to look at my
alternative method as it is alot easier to set up and use and provides more
flexibility.  I'm hoping to see some cross-pollinating of ideas so your
feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I will be making an open source project on sourceforge in the near future
(unless I hear compelling arguments to not) and will make announcements to
advertise it's existance (any suggestions on posting locations is
appreciated as well).

Dan