[Python-Dev] Re: Proposal: A more powerful alternative to ConfigParser

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Apr 22 09:10:21 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 09:02, John Belmonte wrote:

> It may also be useful to compare with other config alternatives, such as
> ZConfig.

ZConfig takes a completely different approach than ConfigParser; it
rocks but you do need to do more work (define a schema first, then a
configuration file, although I usually do that in the reverse order ;).

I'm hoping someday ZConfig itself (or something close to it) will make
it into the standard library.

-Barry