[Python-Dev] Re: Possible modules that could use docs

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Mon Apr 19 15:33:10 EDT 2004

Terry Reedy writes:
> This 'bug' (and those already filed) could be minimally/temporarily
> disposed of by adding a page 'Modules Not Otherwise Documented' with the
> list and one sentence for each (plus status if discouraged/deprecated/etc)
> and then adding index entries pointing to this page.  Also add
> indication/suggestion to try interactive help('modname') for the modules
> for which one will get something.  Then people would know that they had not
> missed anything to be found in the Lib Ref.

But let's not jump into doing that just yet... perhaps Brett's listing
will attract some champions willing to document these orphan modules.
I'd really rather not give up on documenting a module unless we're
forced to... it's tantamount to giving up on the module itself!

In the future, of course, no new modules should be accepted without docs.

-- Michael Chermside