[Python-Dev] Possible modules that could use docs

Nick Bastin nbastin at opnet.com
Mon Apr 19 12:25:12 EDT 2004

On Apr 19, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Neal Norwitz wrote:

> Valgrind runs on x86 and PPC (still experimental).
> IIRC, Purify "runs" on Solaris, HPUX, Windows (x86), and SGI?
> (I tried to verify but the IBM site isn't responding.)
> IMO that's not a lot.

That's more than valgrind.  Specifically, it includes solaris, which is
where we happen to run Purify most often (better results than win32).

> Where Purify "running" is relative to any particular patch you have
> installed on the system and if you can download a beta.  I stopped
> using
> Purify because Rational was so awful to deal with.

While I agree that Rational was terrible to deal with, Purify is the
only option available to some users, and it seems like a bad idea to
remove something from the distribution while it provides benefit to
some people, while not affecting those who don't wish to use it.

--
Nick