[Python-Dev] Inno Setup script for Python debug runtime

Hye-Shik Chang perky at i18n.org
Thu Apr 15 22:56:49 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 08:07:19AM +1000, Tim Delaney wrote:
> Thomas Heller wrote:
>
> > Most probably I was too short in describing what I want, and what this
> > script is and does, I also got a personal email asking for more, so
> > I'll try again:
> >
> > Inno Setup is a free tool of superb quality to create executable
> > windows installers.  See http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
>
> I've found NSIS to be a much better choice for Windows installers. Produces
> very small installers (adds about 30-40K overhead, can use LZMA), has
> multiple language support, and are simple to write.
>
> http://nsis.sourceforge.net/home/
>
> I keep intending to write an installer for Python in it - maybe next week
> (I'm on leave at the moment, but I've got the niece (6) and nephew (5)
> visiting all this week). I've been gradually moving all our installers at
> work away from WISE and into NSIS.

CJKPython (http://cjkpython.i18n.org/#CJKPython) is based on NSIS.
And .nsi source is available at
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cjkpython/CJKPython/cjkpython.nsi?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

As you may find, lack of log-based uninstall feature makes .nsi
file too large.

Hye-Shik