[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 318: Decorators last before colon

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 5 17:31:14 EDT 2004

   Skip:

> Second, Python has a strong tradition of borrowing what"works well" from
> other languages.  I'm skeptical that C# has been around long enough to
> suggest that its syntax "works well".

   C# inherited this syntax from Microsoft IDL and its predecessor ODL.
Unsure of the age of MS IDL but a 1995 edition of "Inside OLE" uses it. I
can't recall any problems with the syntax although fewer people would have
worked with it when it was only for defining interfaces rather than as part
of a general purpose language.

   Neil