Multiple Decorators? (was: Re: [Python-Dev] Re: PEP 318: Decorators last before colon)

Holger Krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Mon Apr 5 06:58:09 EDT 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> On the other hand, *no* syntax proposed so far has been really that nice to
> look at when used for multiple decorators.

I agree completly here.  Add to it that understanding the semantics
of applying multiple decorators might not always be easy in case of
a problem (which is a very common sitatuation for a programmer).

Maybe this hints at thinking about syntaxes that don't neccesarily
work for multiple decorators but work well for one decorator?

After all the main point of introducing descriptor syntax seems to be
that they should visually come closer to the 'def' statement line and
not that multiple decorators are a common problem.

cheers,

    holger