[Python-Dev] PEP 318: Let's propose some useful built-in decorators

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Apr 2 15:40:42 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 15:32, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> We had a discussion about naming conventions recently, and I believe
> the outcome was that most folks like underscores in their names.  OTOH
> if I was writing this just for *me*, I would indeed make them
> underscoreless.

Actually, for multi-word method and function names, we preferred
underscores to camelCasing.  But I still wish has_key() were haskey()
and since neither "func" nor "attr" are actual words, funcattrs() is
just fine. :)

I'm torn on whether new decorators should go in as built-ins or not.
It's darn convenient to stick them there, but I worry that the
documentation for the builtin module is getting pretty hefty now (and
no, I really don't want to do something like an os module split -- man,
I hate those pages ;).

-Barry