[Python-Dev] How to test for stuff like fsync?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Sep 27 13:08:14 EDT 2003

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I don't like this.  We're not taking fsync's address for a very good
> reason, just to save some code duplication.  Removing fsync from
> those platforms just because our code-saving trick doesn't work there
> doesn't strike me as good service for those platforms.

It's not only fsync, though - there would be a lot of duplicated code if
we were to convert all function pointer passing back to function calls.

Also, if the system is lacking a function prototype, at the minimum, the
compiler will give a warning - at worst, we invoke the function
incorrectly, causing a crash.

Regards,
Martin