[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.1

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Sep 25 16:10:37 EDT 2003

On 25-sep-03, at 5:20, Anthony Baxter wrote:

> Mea maxima culpa. I'll add a new section to the start of PEP101 and
> PEP102
> about communicating with the appropriate people directly.

Don't worry: I assume there's no harm done, and otherwise I'll just
lobby for
a quick 2.3.2.

> We had a bunch of testers try out the release candidates on various
> Mac OS X
> releases - they reported no breakages. There's also been few/no
> checkins
> to the Mac-specific chunks of the tree for the release23-maint branch.

There's a couple of version numbers that would have been nice to update,
in the various .plist files. In other words, if you build 2.3.1 from
source
with a framework build then "Show Info" on the applications will show
them
to be 2.3, not 2.3.1. Same for the Apple Help Book that is built in to
the IDE.

> I'm happy to store up checkins for the 23 branch for a couple of weeks
> give you time to do a release if you so wish (consider it penance for
> my
> forgetting to email you).

No, don't worry. I'm going to skip 2.3.1 for MacPython-OS9. I'll catch
up again
with 2.3.2.
Goldman