[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.1

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Sep 25 06:20:52 EDT 2003

Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> writes:

> Mea maxima culpa. I'll add a new section to the start of PEP101 and PEP102
> about communicating with the appropriate people directly.
>
> We had a bunch of testers try out the release candidates on various Mac OS X
> releases - they reported no breakages. There's also been few/no checkins
> to the Mac-specific chunks of the tree for the release23-maint branch.
>
> I'm happy to store up checkins for the 23 branch for a couple of weeks to
> give you time to do a release if you so wish (consider it penance for my
> forgetting to email you).

I think in future we should probably do the "2.3.2c1", wait a week, do
"2.3.2" thing.  It's more work, but there have been enough nits that I
think it would have been worthwhile (readline vs. no threads, fsync
and the docs issue spring to mind).

Cheers,
mwh

--
81. In computing, turning the obvious into the useful is a living
    definition of the word "frustration".