[Python-Dev] Help offered

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Sep 24 05:07:53 EDT 2003

Michael Bartl <zeddicus at satokar.com> writes:

> What has precedence? Nothing I guess. It's rather a bug in the doc or in
> the code. Should I contact the original author(s) of tempfile.py, which
> seem to be Guido and Tim Peters?

Not necessarily. If your common sense dictates that one is better than
the other, just explain it so. If you change the code, consider that
existing code may break. Don't worry about the potential breakage,
instead, document it - both in Misc/NEWS, and, if breakage is likely,
in Doc/whatsnew/whatsnew24.tex. Document the change itself in the
documentation, using \versionchanged.

[You might notice that I have abstained from actually thinking about
the change itself :-]

Regards,
Martin