[Python-Dev] Merge unittest.py fixes to 2.3 maintenance branch?

Steve Purcell python-dev-list at pythonconsulting.com
Tue Sep 23 04:55:39 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I recently checked into HEAD fixes for a couple of niggling issues with the
unittest module, and I think it might be worth merging them into the 2.3
maintenance branch. Any thumbs up or down on that? I see that a tag is set
for 2.3.1, but it's not clear to me if that's final.

Most significant changes are:

- Fixed loading of tests by name when name refers to unbound
  method (PyUnit issue 563882, thanks to Alexandre Fayolle)
- Ignore non-callable attributes of classes when searching for test
  method names (PyUnit issue 769338, thanks to Seth Falcon)
- New assertTrue and assertFalse aliases for comfort of JUnit users
- Automatically discover 'runTest()' test methods (PyUnit issue 469444,
  thanks to Roeland Rengelink)
- Dropped Python 1.5.2 compatibility, merged appropriate shortcuts from
  Python CVS; should work with Python >= 2.1.
- Removed all references to string module by using string methods instead

Best wishes,

-Steve

--
Steve Purcell, Pythangelist