[Python-Dev] 2.3.1 windows binaries

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 22 12:19:32 EDT 2003

    Thomas> Is it important to use the same openssl version that Python
    Thomas> 2.3.0 used, or is the readme file correct in saying that the
    Thomas> latest version is the one to use? And does this have to be
    Thomas> mentioned somewhere (Misc/NEWS, the readme file for windows)?

I would use the latest version.  I believe there were security-related fixes
applied OpenSSL in the past month or so (so many security fixes have come
out recently, that I'm not sure if it's OpenSSL or OpenSSH -- or both --
which got patched).  It's probably worth a mention somewhere which versions
you used for all external packages.

Skip