[Python-Dev] Re: Guido's Magic Code was: inline sort option

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com
Thu Oct 30 10:12:40 EST 2003

From: Alex Martelli [mailto:aleaxit at yahoo.com]
> Raymond and I would like to use it as the descriptor for
> the new list.sorted.

> If the code gets in Python anyway, then it should ideally
> be somehow exposed for general use if it's right -- but not
> if it's wrong.

OK. I follow now. The only contribution I will make is to say
that if list.sorted uses it, I think it should be available to
the user. I don't like the flavour of "good enough for us, but
not for you" that keeping this descriptor purely internal seems
to have.

On list.sorted, I have no opinion.
Paul.