[Python-Dev] Alternate notation for global variable assignments

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 28 23:09:22 EST 2003

Guido van Rossum strung bits together to say:
> which loses the "aha!" effect of a cool solution.  It also IMO
> requires too much explanation to the unsuspecting reader who doesn't
> understand right away *why* rumpelstiltkin imports itself.

I believe someone else also suggested that if rumpelstiltskin should be imported as:

import fairytales.rumpelstiltskin

then a bare import is going to have trouble, even inside the module.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan           |              Brisbane, Australia
ICQ#: 68854767         |               ncoghlan at email.com
Mobile: 0409 573 268   |   http://www.talkinboutstuff.net
"Let go your prejudices,
               lest they limit your thoughts and actions."