[Python-Dev] Can we please have a better dict interpolation syntax?

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Oct 23 00:41:11 EDT 2003

Guido:

> Many people have also implemented something along these lines, using a
> function to request interpolation (or using template files etc.), and
> using various things (from dicts to namespaces) as the source for
> names.

I'm not asking for interpolation out of the current namespace
or anything like that -- just a simple extension to the current
set of formats for interpolating from a dict, that could be
done right now without affecting anything. I'd be willing to
supply a patch if it has some chance of being accepted.

I agree that the more esoteric proposals are best left until
later.