copysort patch, was RE: [Python-Dev] inline sort option

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 19 06:28:45 EDT 2003

Alex Martelli strung bits together to say:
> But, for the general case: the BDFL has recently Pronounced that he does
> not LIKE chaining and doesn't want to encourage it in the least.  Yes, your
> trick does allow chaining, but the repeated chain(...) calls are cumbersome
> enough to not count as an encouragement IMHO;-).

Well, yes, that was sort of the point. For those who _really_ like chaining (I'm
not one of them - I agree with Guido that it is less readable and harder to
maintain), the 'chain' function provides a way to do it with what's already in
the language.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan           |              Brisbane, Australia
ICQ#: 68854767         |               ncoghlan at email.com
Mobile: 0409 573 268   |   http://www.talkinboutstuff.net
"Let go your prejudices,
               lest they limit your thoughts and actions."