[Python-Dev] SRE recursion removed

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Sat Oct 18 14:22:16 EDT 2003

> > The SRE recursion removal patch is finally in. Please, let me know
> > if you find any problems.
>
> What is the purpose of the USE_RECURSION #define? It looks to me like
> you have added a lot of dead code; I recommend to remove all this code.

If you enable USE_RECURSION it will become recursive again, so it's
nice to see if some problem is related to the non-recursive algorithm
or not, and makes it easy to understand to change made.

The "dead" code you're talking about is probably the unused macros,
right? I've used them in some ideas, and gave up later. OTOH, they may
be used in further extensions. If you don't mind, I'd rather leave them
there, than thinking about it again if I need it. But if they're really
a problem, well, I'll remove. Just let me know.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net