[Python-Dev] spambayes-checkins -> spambayes-dev, python-checkins -> python-dev

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 7 07:41:01 EDT 2003

    Greg> On 06 October 2003, Skip Montanaro said:
    >> Maybe the Reply-To: for spambayes-checkins should be spambayes-dev
    >> (and similarly for python-checkins/python-dev).  Can that be
    >> engineered through Mailman?

    Greg> Yes -- it's on the "General Options" page.  Look for
    Greg> reply_goes_to_list.

After seeing your answer I know I asked the wrong question. <wink> I
shouldn't have said "Reply-To:".  In X?Emacs/VM, I just hit the 'f' key to
reply to you and to cc spambayes-dev.  Had this been a spambayes-checkins
message, it would have been nice if the cc went to spambayes-dev instead of
spambayes-checkin.

I can probably solve that for myself by tweaking the vm-followup command
(what the 'f' key is bound to), but there's probably not a general solution.
Setting Reply-To: *might* be okay in a situation like this where you don't
want chit-chat on a checkins list to get lost or not seen by the larger
audience, but I'd only use it as a last resort.

Skip

[OT PS] cthulhu.gerg.ca?  Is that some sort of pronounceable-only-by-Native-
Canadians name?