[Python-Dev] 2.3.3 plans

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 6 16:07:11 EDT 2003

    Michael> This sounds good.  It would be nice to have a more sustained
    Michael> effort this time, and also to get on board people who know the
    Michael> problem platforms (as opposed to "logging on to a testdrive
    Michael> machine and flailing").

It's not quite exhaustive yet, but I will remind people about the
PythonTesters wiki page:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonTesters

Maybe that page should also mention some of the vendor-specific test sites
(HP Test Drive, SourceForge compile farm, PBF server farm, ...).

    Michael> What platforms have issues that we know about?  There's old SCO
    Michael> (but the fix for that is known), HPUX/ia64, various oddities on
    Michael> Irix.

I think it would be real nice if we hammered hard on the bsddb3 problems.
Whatever it is, it seems to affect a broad cross-section of the community.

Skip