[Python-Dev] 2.3.2 and bsddb

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com
Wed Oct 1 09:06:10 EDT 2003

From: Barry Warsaw [mailto:barry at python.org]

> On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 02:10, Anthony Baxter wrote:
> > Just another thought - should the newer pybsddb API be folded into the
> > library docs?

> They're big, but I think worth it.  In general the pybsddb docs are
> excellent and invaluable [...]

I think it should. I read the bsddb stuff in the Python manual, and barely
noticed the reference to pybsddb. Subconsciously, I assumed that it was
simply background reading, and not important for day to day use (much like
pointers to RFCs in many of the Internet modules). I certainly never
assumed that there might be functionality which wasn't documented in the
Python library reference.

Paul.