[Python-Dev] less quick patch for better debugging.

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Nov 27 15:34:45 EST 2003

At 09:41 AM 11/27/03 -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>Probably not worth it.  (I should mention that I have a possible use
>case for messing with the lnotab to contain line numbers in a
>different file than the Python source code. :-)

DTML, perhaps?  ;-)

Yes, if the format is changed to add columns, it would be nice to make it
be capable of having the code in one code block actually come from more
than one file, or from non-contiguous lines in one file.  Tools that use
Python as an output format, or that preprocess Python (e.g. the dozen or so
templating libraries out there), could really use something like a #line
directive.