[Python-Dev] Time for 2.3.3?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Nov 24 05:53:42 EST 2003

Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> writes:

>> We should give the new autoconf a go, at least.
>
> I would strongly prefer to do this sooner than later, so I was thinking
> of doing the upgrade sometime this week. Does anyone have/know any
> reasons to not upgrade to the newer autoconf?

Well, there was an almost instananeous brown-paper-bag 2.59 release,
but I don't know of any problems with 2.59.  Not sure I would if there
were, mind.

> It should fix a bunch of build annoyances (and I can get rid of
> aclocal.m4)

That's the motivation :-)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Make this IDLE version 0.8.  (We have to skip 0.7 because that
  was a CNRI release in a corner of the basement of a government