[Python-Dev] Plans for Python 2.2.3 final

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
28 May 2003 18:09:50 -0400

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 16:03, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Barry]
> > I've not heard about any showstoppers for Python 2.2.3.
>
> Mike Fletcher submitted two weakref bugs, one in WeakValueDictionary which I
> fixed in 2.3 but am waiting to hear from Fred about before backporting, the
> other a segfault I think I traced to subtype_dealloc then assigned to Guido.
> The segfault should be a showstopper:
>
>     http://www.python.org/sf/742911

Ok, I just spoke to Fred.  He gives his seal of approval for the weakref
backport.  I'll do that, after testing the patches and backporting the
tests.

Guido's still going to look at the latter bug.

-Barry