[Python-Dev] RE: Decimal class

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Mon, 26 May 2003 13:36:29 -0400

On Mon, May 26, 2003, Kevin Jacobs wrote:

> I agree 100%.  Does anyone else have feelings for or against having
> mutable Decimal instances?  In the mean time, I will prepare a patch
> to do this so we can evaluate the practical effects on the code.

I'm opposed to mutable Decimal instances because Uncle Timmy says so.  ;-)
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93