[Python-Dev] Need some patches checked

Brett C. drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Tue, 13 May 2003 12:44:48 -0700

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> There are a bunch of open bugs and patches for urllib2.  I've cleaned up
> a few things lately.  We might make a concerted effort to close them all
> for 2.3b2.  Whole-scale refactoring can be more effective that a large
> set of small fixes.

Aw, but Jeremey, I wanted to start working on the AST branch after I
finished going through the open bugs and patches one time!  =)

We can and I am willing to help, but I suspect it would be best to first
get the test suite rewritten; it is severely lacking.

Which reminds me, I need to finish writing urllib's tests by doing the
network-requiring ones.

-Brett