[Python-Dev] Random SF tracker ettiquete questions

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 08:11:22 -0400

> First, do we care about closing RFEs?  I realized that Skip does not
> keep count of them in his weekly summary so I am not sure how much
> we care about them.  Should I waste my time wading through them to
> close them?

I don't think that's a waste of time.  It's good to keep track of how
much progress we make in any dimension.

> Second, when is it okay to reassign a tracker item to yourself or
> close an item that is assigned to another person?  I ask this
> because Fred has some patches assigned to him that I think I can
> close myself, but I don't want to step on his toes since they are
> assigned to him.

All doc issues are automatically assigned to Fred (maybe this needs to
be revised); I don't think he'll be offended if you take some work of
his chest.

> Third, when does someone warrant being mentioned in the ACKS.txt
> file? Only when they have done some significant body of work?  Or
> does committing even a one-line patch warrant inclusion?

I tend to add people to Misc/ACKS for any code contribution
whatsoever, including one-liners.

> -Brett
>
> P.S.: Python got to #6 on SF's most active projects.  Maybe I am
> overdoing the comments on patches.  =)

No, please keep it up. :-)