[Python-Dev] MS VC 7 offer

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 19:52:13 -0500

    Gerhard> OTOH I'm pretty sure that a mingw build would be much easier if
    Gerhard> I just wrote my own Makefiles, but that's probably unlikely to
    Gerhard> ever be merged.  At least that was my experience when making
    Gerhard> PostgreSQL's client code compile with mingw.

I suggest you go ahead with whatever is easiest for you.  At least you will
be able to focus on actually solving the MinGW-related problems.  Others can
chip in on the autoconf problems.  As a starter perhaps a Makefile.mingw
file can be added to the PCBuild directory.  At a later date the interim
makefile can be removed to the attic.

Skip