[Python-Dev] removing csv directory from nondist/sandbox - how?

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Fri, 02 May 2003 23:16:35 -0400

[Skip Montanaro]
> Taking a cue from Raymond's sandbox/itertools cleanup, I cvs removed
> the contents of sandbox/csv just now.  How do I get rid of the
> sandbox/csv directory itself?  I see that the itertools directory
> remains as well, even though I executed "cvs -dP ." from the sandbox
> directory.

-P won't remove a directory if there's any file remaining in the directory
that wasn't checked in.  This includes dot files (as Barry said), .rej files
left behind by old rejected patches, temp scripts or output files you may
have created, or a build directory created by setup.py.  I had to get rid of
all of those before CVS deleted my csv directory (normally I just do deltree
(rm -rf) on a dead directory, and CVS won't recreate it then, but I did it
by hand this time just to verify how -P works).