[Python-Dev] Demos and Tools in binary distributions

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 2 May 2003 14:45:34 +0200

There's a suggestion over on pythonmac-sig that I add the Demos and
Tools
directories to a binary installer for MacPython for OSX. For
MacPython-OS9
I've always included these, as the OS9 installed tree was really the
same
layout as the source tree. But I don't really know where I should put
them for OSX.

How is this handled in binary installers for other platforms? I.e. if
you install Python on Windows, do you get Demos and Tools? Where? And
if you install an RPM or something similar on Linux?
Goldman