[Python-Dev] Ridiculously minor tweaks?

Jeremy Fincher fincher.8@osu.edu
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:49:42 -0500

There are many places in the standard library where some code either iterates
over a literal list or checks for membership in a literal list.  I'm curious
if it would be considered productive and useful to go through and change
those places to iterate over/check for membership in literal tuples instead
fo lists.  The tuple, I think, more closely reflects the read-only literal
nature of the code and is slightly faster to boot.  (Not that the speed
really matters, I'm sure there aren't any such tests in performance-sensitive
locations).

Would such an endeavor be useful?  Would a patch to that effect be accepted?

Jeremy