[Python-Dev] __slots__ for metatypes

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:06:40 +0100

Hi Guido, all,

last year, I wrote a patch that allows meta-types to have
slots. You had no time to look into it, and I said
"take your time and wait until it is stable".

I have been using this for quite a while now,
and today I updated it for Python 2.3 .
The patch is very small and simple.
Essentially, it doesn't use a fixed offset into the
internal etype structure, but computed this based upon
tp_basicsize.

This small patch also gives lots of flexibility to people,
who like to add extra stuff to their dynamic type objects.
(Well, I do this frequently)

It would be nice if we could add this small feature, soon.

http://www.python.org/sf/696193

Due to some SF bug, I had to submit this patch twice.

thanks a lot - chris
--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>