[Python-Dev] RELEASED: Python 2.3b2

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:26:51 +0200

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Thanks, Barry, for getting a release out on a Sunday, while I was
> still recovering from a week of Belgian food, beer and hacking.

What was Belgian hacking like? ;-)

> And thanks also to Tim, Fred, Jeremy, Neil, and all others who helped
> getting this release out.

And thank *you* for adding the thread interruption C API we discussed at
EuroPython. Although I was looking forward to working with Alex on it, I
sure could use a Python-free evening when I got back; I'm sure Alex felt
the same way...

> (Apple already ships Mac OSX with Python 2.2 included in the
> developer tools,

(Nit: Python 2.2 is actually in the plain OSX 10.2 release, not in the
dev tools. In other words, *any* 10.2 user has Python installed.)

Just