[Python-Dev] Re: SF CVS hosed?

Neil Schemenauer nas@python.ca
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:35:03 -0700

"Martin v. L?wis" on svn+ssh:
> That would require local users. On the machine that runs the repository,
> this is not feasible, unfortunately (so CVS would be no option)

Previously you said:

     dav_svn is *much* slower than cvs-over-ssh, and it is also less
     convenient, since there is no real equivalent of ssh-agent for svn

My point is that if you use svn+ssh, it is much faster than dav_svn and
you can use ssh-agent.  Are you now saying you can't use cvs-over-ssh?
If so then I don't understand why you are talking about ssh-agent for
CVS.

In any case, this is all pretty off topic for python-dev so I'm going to
shutup now. :-)

  Neil