[Python-Dev] Two useful patches involving tracebacks

Geoffrey Talvola gtalvola@nameconnector.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:40:59 -0400

The first one is a no-brainer bugfix that helps users of COM on Windows.
The second one has some question as to whether it's the correct
implementation, but I can vouch that if nothing else, it's incredibly useful
and I haven't had any problems with it.

[ 672855 ] improve pydoc handling of extension types
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=672855&group_id=547
0&atid=305470

[ 569574 ] plain text enhancement for cgitb
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=569574&group_id=547
0&atid=305470

I'm calling attention to these patches simply because I've found them to be
so useful, and it would be a shame to see them not make it into 2.3 beta 2
simply due to lack of attention.  If it helps, I'm willing to do the
checkins if I'm granted CVS write access :-)

- Geoff