[Python-Dev] Re: PEP-317

Steven Taschuk staschuk@telusplanet.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:31:03 -0600

Quoth Guido van Rossum:
  [...]
> I strongly recommend doing that.  I hereby officially reject PEP 317.

Ok.

I'll certainly add a section on the reasons, with discussion of
the new-style exceptions question, and a summary of other feedback.

  [elsewhere in the thread]
> I've now read the PEP, and it simply fails to explain why implicit
> instantiation sucks so badly as to require all this pain.  The
> arguments of readability and consistency are pretty mild suckage IMO.

My next question, then, is whether those arguments are strong
enough to justify, for example, recommending against implicit
instantiation in PEP 8, or changing the Tutorial's examples.

--
Steven Taschuk                                                   w_w
staschuk@telusplanet.net                                      ,-= U