[Python-Dev] Looking for a couple Emacs Lisp helper/guru types

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:40:23 -0500

Barry & Ken have run completely out of round tuits on which are written
"python-mode".  I believe Barry indicated privately that he is going to set
up a SF project to allow other folks to contribute (maybe he's just going to
give Python CVS developer privileges to anyone, he may be just that giddy
after the 2.3 release).  I have very little time as well and have very old,
feeble Emacs Lisp skills to boot.  Hell, I can't even get my Python files to
save properly with tramp these days, and I never did like mapcar.  I'm sure
Barry will announce here and probably on c.l.py once the project's
available, but in anticipation of that, if you are an Emacs or XEmacs person
who uses python mode, please consider getting reacquainted with your inner
functional self.  Your parens will be so proud.

Skip