[Python-Dev] Draft: 2.3 download page

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:50:09 -0400

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> If I read this, I probably wouldn't touch Python 2.3 final with a 10
> foot rigid boa.  Why is it not sufficient to say, on index.html:
>
> <b>Please note: running the new IDLE in Python 2.3 may produce spurious
> warnings from personal firewall software on some Windows machines.
> Please see <a href="bugs.html">the known bugs list</a> for more
> information.</b>

Now that Alex has provided additional info, that's fine with me.
Before, it looked like there might be a problem with IDLE on a standard
setup.  I'm busy this evening, but I should have /2.3/bugs.html updated
tomorrow.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz