[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3c2

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
24 Jul 2003 23:22:48 -0400

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 23:14, Aahz wrote:

> This is fine with me, but I'd like the official docs to still state that
> the release takes place on 7/31.  This will facilitate coordiantion of
> the press releases, I think.

Here's another option: we do absolutely everything we need to do that
involves SF on the 29th.  This means freezing, tagging, and branching
the tree, building the tarballs and exes, etc.

But we don't send the announcement or twiddle the python.org home page
until the 31st.  That way, it's official on the 31st, but everyone who
needs it (i.e. Apple) can have it by the 29th.

Thoughts?
-Barry