[Python-Dev] cygwin errors

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:21:39 -0400

Skip,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 02:30:16PM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I then tried (unsuccessfully) another tack.  I threw all the test
> names into a file then ran
>
>     ./python.exe Lib/test/regrtest.py `head $i tests | tail -20` test_poll
>
> for $i ranging from 20 to 230 (the number of lines in the file) in
> steps of 10.  This tickled a fork() problem with test_tempfile in one
> situation which seems like the thing rebaseall was supposed to fix.

The "all" in rebaseall means all DLLs installed by Cygwin's setup.exe.
Since your Python build has not been installed yet, its DLLs have not
been rebased.

Normally, rebasing /usr/bin/*.dll is sufficient.  However, sometimes
it's not.  If you are interested in helping with the Cygwin hunt, then I
can show you how to properly rebase the Python CVS build too.  Let me
know.  Otherwise, I'm back to hunt...

Jason