[Python-Dev] cygwin errors

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:11:19 -0400

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:37:24PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> Partly because of this thing, but mostly because we want to give Jason
> a chance to stare at the Cygwin problems.

I'm back from being AWOL and will be focusing on this problem...

Given the limited time before the expected release date, I will post as
soon as I have something to report as oppose to waiting for a final
conclusion.  Hopefully, this approach will jog something in someone's
mind and not irritate others too much.

I have started to play the binary search game to determine when the
problem began.  First, I tried 2.3b2 -- hoping to get lucky.  I wasn't,
but there is a difference.  Instead of tests like test_poll and
test_popen just mysteriously causing python to exit without stackdumping
(i.e., core dumping), these tests are spinning, consuming all available
CPU cycles.  Of course, run individually, these test pass.

Then, I tried 2.3b1 which ran all tests without exiting or hanging.
Only, test_netrc and test_time failed.  Hence, the problem was
introduced between 2.3b1 and 2.3b2.

I will begin the binary search in earnest now...  Any thoughts, places
to look, etc will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason