[Python-Dev] cygwin errors

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:17:59 -0400

Skip,

[Sorry, this post is rushed...]

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 04:47:50PM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Hmmm...  Some thoughts which come to my mind:
>
>     * Do I need a cygwin update?

Most likely not.

> How can I tell if I do or not?

You can rerun Cygwin's setup.exe and it will inform you whether or not
there are newer packages available.

>     * Would having installed mingw and msys the other day have
>     polluted the environment in some way?

Very unlike.  Note that I'm seeing the same (or at least very similar)
behavior on my setup too.

BTW, before updating Python's CVS today, I ran the Python regression
test against the latest official Cygwin packages, but a fairly stale
version of Python CVS.  I got a couple of failures but no crashes.
Next, I updated to the latest Python CVS, built, and reran the
regression test.  Then, I started to get crashes like the ones you
observed.

Maybe the latest Python CVS is tickling some lurking Cygwin bug?  I hope
to have better information tomorrow.

Jason