[Python-Dev] Python 2.3 release schedule update

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
10 Jul 2003 11:29:57 -0400

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 11:25, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 10:28 AM 7/10/03 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> >On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 18:54, Brett C. wrote:
> >
> > > * The time.tzset patch I still need an all-clear from someone that it is
> > > okay to apply.
> >
> >I applied this patch, autoreconf'd and rebuilt from scratch on RH9.
> >Everything seemed to work just fine.  If that makes you feel confident
> >enough to apply the patch for rc1, then go ahead.  I don't have RH6.2
> >around to test on that so I don't know if it fixes the actual problem
> >observed in the report.
>
> I do.  Is this just a matter of checking out the current CVS HEAD and
> running make test?

You need to (or at least this is what I did):

- check out the head
- make distclean
- apply the patch
- autoreconf
- ./configure --with-pydebug
- make test

The patch only modifies configure.in which is why you need to regenerate
the configure file with autoreconf.

-Barry