[Python-Dev] Need help with urllib/urllib2 (SF bug 549151)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:24:06 -0400

Looking at my outstanding SF bugs/patches, I came across
python.org/sf/549151 .  John J Lee has given a good summary of what
needs to be done, but I don't have time for it.  Is there anyone else
who can do this:

> 1. Apply Guido's patch for urllib.py: guido.txt.  The docs are
>    already correct.

Already done.

>    urllib2.py.patch3 fixes that (note patch3, not patch2).  It also
>    removes my Request.get_method method (which now seems like
>    overkill, as well as breaking the URL scheme-independence of
>    Request).  Also fixes an exception message.

Please make this the priority.

> 3. liburllib2.tex.patch2 updates the docs to reflect the changes
>    in urllib2.py.patch3, rephrases a note and adds a missing method
>    description.
>
> 4. liburllib.tex.patch2: trivial rewording of docs for clarity.

Doc updates are easy.

> 5. Backport above changes to 2.2 bugfix branch.

This can be put off. :-)

Thanks!