[Python-Dev] itertools module

Raymond Hettinger python@rcn.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 07:27:22 -0500

The itertools module is ready for comment and review.

It implements ten high speed, memory efficient looping constructs
inspired by Haskell and SML.  It is ready-to-run and packaged with
setup.py, a news item, docs, and unittests.

The files are in the sandbox at python/nondist/sandbox/itertools.

If you see a typo or clear error, feel free to edit the files directly.
If you don't feel like reading the C code, the docs list all known
issues and include pure python equivalent code for each function.
Let me know if I omitted your favorite function (tabulate, partition, etc).

Raymond Hettinger