[pybsddb] Re: [Python-Dev] Looking for a Windows bsddb fan

Gregory P. Smith greg@electricrain.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:24:57 -0800

I don't get these errors under linux or windows using the latest pybsddb
cvs and python 2.2.2.  (berkeleydb 4.1.25)

Occasionally there are DBDeadlockErrors that come up in the threading
tests (more often on windows) but they are appropriate and non fatal to
the tests.

I haven't tried python 2.3a from cvs.

Can you verify that the build/db_home directory created to use for the
test DB environment & DB files is cleared out when you run test.py (i
believe part of the unit tests themselves removes the entire directory
and contents; but I remember errors long ago that were due to using an
old messed up DB environment rather than a fresh one)

-G